chunky monkey.

Posted: Tuesday 6 April 2010 | Posted by Danielle Jennings. | Labels: , , ,

I am in a place of indecision at the moment. I know that this season clogs are the 'must have summer shoe' with Chanel's recent collection but I just don't think I can ever move past them as just an embarrassing memory of my childhood.

When I was about 6 I pretty much had every colour of clogs there was; my favourites being a rather snazzy pair of bright pink patent ones if my memory serves me right. It was probably less than a year ago, me and my mum were looking through old baby albums and I sat there cringing at the delightful outfits that I was unwillingly dressed in; clogs being a particular hatred of mine.


But now, they seem to be back in full force, but to me I really can't shake the childhood pictures that haunt me, maybe they should have stayed in the 90's where they belong.


They aren't the most elegant of shoes, infact I'd even go as far as to say they are seriously ugly but yet why is there this sudden hype about them? I just fail to see how something so ugly and chunky can make a women feel graceful like heels do but yet people seem to be falling head over heels with them, even Mary-Kate was pictured wearing them.


Is it right they should make a comeback like so many things in fashion do or should they stay as a one hit wonder? Personally, if they haunted me then, they will only haunt me again in a few years time when I look back. I think I'll leave my clogs in the 90's.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
  2. This post made my day!
    Much love,
    Izzy..
    www.l-o-v-e-notesz.blogspot.com

  3. Anonymous said...
  4. I actually totally agree with you. I don't understand this whole raging about them. To me, they are pieces of fashion that are best left in the past.

  5. RedShirtPencilSkirt said...
  6. Really? I LOVE them. They're so cute?? I've got this pair which aren't technically "clogs" but they're in that style in nuden they're gorgeous. I love it when fashions come full-circle, it means you can recycle.! :)

    I'll post a picture of them on my blog, check them out:

    www.thestyleshed.blogspot.com

  7. Sarah said...
  8. i can just see myself tripping in them.. awkward!

    if i was going to purchase something Chanel, it would be some thing more classic, a quilted bag or a heel, not a clunkly clog thats not going to go in and out of fashion. :) xxx

  9. Makeup Majesty said...
  10. I gave you a blog award, love reading your site! here is the link:

    http://makeupmajesty.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-very-first-blog-award-adorable.html

    xoxo,
    Makeup Majesty

  11. ashley lara @vivalafashoin.blogspot.com said...
  12. Lovely pictures. I enjoy both. A little variety never hurt anybody!

    xoxoxoAshley

    http://vivalafashoin.blogspot.com

  13. Shadow Arcade said...
  14. Love the Photos! :-)

Post a Comment